Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tonight: WaterFire Providence!

Tonight I'm going to WaterFire in Providence, RI. I have been meaning to go for sometime and I will finally have a chance to check it out! WaterFire Providence is an award-winning sculpture by Barnaby Evans installed on the three rivers of downtown Providence. The event is free but a $5 donation is suggested as they are an independent non-profit arts organization. There are only three lightings left this summer including tonight, so if you are interested check out the schedule. Tonight there will even be a Jazz band playing!

Providence is really a great city with lots to do. It's only an hour away from where I live and has some amazing restaurant options. So, tonight before WaterFire I'm going to head over to Julian's Providence for dinner. Julian's has some really great vegan options including Fried nori wrapped tofu and a Vegan 'steak & cheese' wrap! My husband is excited because they have 16 beers on draft! (In case you didn't know, my husband runs Lostinthebeeraisle.com) So, I'm looking forward to a fun and romantic night tonight in RI. If you're interested I will let you know how it was on Twitter so make sure you are following me!

Also, if you have any recommendations on things to do or great restaurants in and around Providence please let me know in the comments section. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment!