Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What is a Yantra Mat?

I had no idea until I received this in the mail today.



I opened the mat.




Hmmm.... The mat is about 2 1/2 feet long and a 1 1/2 feet wide (without using a ruler). There is foam inside and lots of white plastic circles on top with sharp points sticking up. Still don't know what to think...




Then I checked out the website YantraWay.com to figure out what I am supposed to do with this.

Here is what I found on the website:

•Stressed out?
•Sleeping poorly?
•Experiencing fatigue?
•Headaches?
•Muscle tension?
•Back or neck pain? 

You don’t need to be interested in yoga or acupressure in order to use the Yantra Mat. Just lie down, and the mat will take care of your rest.

In minutes, you’ll feel warmth along the parts of your body touching the mat – that’s an increase in blood flow, a natural response to acupressure. Improved circulation means lower blood pressure and better nutrient delivery.
Additionally, the Yantra Mat’s 8,820 acupressure points provoke the kind of clarity and focus that usually comes with prolonged meditation or intense physical activity. A more relaxed state further improves circulation.

I do have a problem with muscle tension in my back and neck and who doesn't want to reduce stress? So, I decided that I will test this mat out for ten minutes a day for the next few days and then come back and post my experiences.

So, have you ever heard of an acupressure mat? Would you ever try one? Wish me luck!




This review is solely my opinion. Other people may have different experiences with the product. I have received no compensation for my review other than receiving a sample to test.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am sure you will love it.

    I have another brand and use it most days.

    There are some specially written Guided Meditations for these mats at http://www.shaktimatmeditations.com.
    There is a free one there at the moment.

    All the best..Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this look interesting! Waiting for your review ( we just met on Twitter BTW )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment!